Green building reaps big rewards now and for years to come! According to some estimates, buildings account for almost one-half of the world's material and energy consumption, one-sixth of fresh water use, and a quarter of all wood harvested. As costs for sustainable materials and products drop, building green is the most cost-effective kind of design and construction.
- Lower Utility Demands - Green homes have lower utility demands, saving homeowners money while lessening environmental impact.
- Green Buildings Have Higher Market Value - Residential projects utilizing sustainable design components retain a higher resale value.
• • •
Dryden Contracting has received national recognition for their successes in green construction by the US Developers Journal (www.usdevelopersjournal.com) and the U.S. Green Building Council (http://www.auburn.edu/projects/sustainability/website/pdf/turtleback.pdf).
- LEED Homes - Dryden Contracting, Inc. was the first area builder to construct LEED homes (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
- Safer, Healthier, More Comfortable - LEED homes are verified by a third party inspector to ensure they meet strict energy and water efficiency, providing cleaner, healthier air, among other healthy living issues.
- Supporting the Local Economy - The LEED standard supports the local economy by encouraging the use of locally sourced materials.
How Dryden does green!
- Site sustainability is upheld through erosion control measures, sustainable landscape design using drought tolerant and local plantings, as well as management of rain water run-off from the roof.
- Spray foam insulation is encouraged on all projects, greatly minimizing heat transfer and thermal bridging.
- Low-E windows are standard, additionally enhanced energy performance windows are available.
- High efficiency electric water heaters or tankless water heaters..
- Energy Star high-efficiency appliances, and programmable thermostats for lowered daily energy consumption.
- Water efficiency through irrigation planning, high-efficiency toilets, showerheads and bath faucets.
- Enhanced indoor air quality by offering HVAC equipment which identifies and controls moisture levels and controlling air contaminants by sealing ductwork.
- Offering lighting alternatives such as LED and fluorescent lighting or "Sun Tubes" which provide natural light without introducing radiant heat.
- Minimizing heat gain through site orientation and designs which offer larger eaves to shade windows.
- Reducing light pollution by encouraging Dark Sky rated exterior light fixtures.
DRYDEN CONTRACTING, INC.
FINE CUSTOM HOME BUILDING & DESIGN